February 24, 2007

Still my Birthday!!!

I've had the longest birthday of my life!! Yesterday I received a pair of gold hoop earrings from Sharen. She bought them at the "Gold Market" in Mexico while on vacation there. Along with it was a really nice sentimental card. I got cards from lots of people. I had a nice stack of them when we came back from our cruise. Keith's Mom and 2 of his Sisters sent cards and I had my Annual Seranade from my not-so-little-anymore babies from the West Coast. Wish I could've saved it for longer than 7 days. I listened to it every day for the time I could. So I had a much better birthday this year than the last couple. I think that Keith realizes that he took me this far from my family - he has to do all the "festivities" himself - or I feel neglected. He did great this year!! The Cruise, new dresses (even if he doesn't guess sizes very well), and a stack of cards when we returned.









We spent most of the day outdoors. It was sunny and warm with just a bit of a breeze to keep it from feeling hot. Keith had to put new sealant on the screen room roof and he said it was hot up there. He spent last week bleaching and scrubbing - and today he completed the job of applying the sealer. It shouldn't leak the next time it rains!! The kids enjoyed the park - both the Village Park and the park downtown that we went to after nice long naps were taken by all of them!! Baby had such a time. I'll bet he sleeps wonderfully tonight - he must've done 3 laps with those short little legs of his. The girls and Pelik all ran until their faces were beet red and they were actually ready to get in the car and go home. It is really a shame that the Village doesn't put a few dollars into making a decent playground - and away from the water!!! I realized today that we have little out here on this side of the "City". There isn't a market, park, pharmacy - nothing this side of 58th - and we live on 90th!! It seems like some smart planner would put something out in this direction so we don't have to drive 8 miles to go to a playground or 5 miles to the pharmacy. I know it doesn't sound like much - but with all the residential stuff coming in - it just seems to make sense. Now off of that soapbox.



As I write I hear that our own Pastor Bert has had a heart attack. He isn't old enough for that!! Please add him to your prayer lists. I think of my blessings and the blessings of those around me. I praise the Lord for my new grandchild, the health and happiness of the rest of them, Keith and my health and happiness, the continued good health of the children the Lord put into our care, the news that my good friend Barb's son is doing better with his health. That my friend Liz is recuperating from her surgery so well. That the Lord saw fit to give Pastor a wake-up call instead of the alternate, the Blessing that Sallie doesn't have to lose a very much loved spouse, the hope I still hold for finding Jeremy. That my Sister has found happiness and contentment in her new life in KFalls. All of these things have blessed me by blessing those I love and care for. Thank you Lord for all of my blessings.

3 comments:

Sharen said...

I'm so glad you like your earrings! I hoped you didn't already have 10 pair!

Your day at the park looks good! It's snowing heavily here.

I make lists like your blessings list almost every day - it really is good for my attitude ajustment!

Anonymous said...

I have your birthday cards sitting here. Everytime I go to the store I try to find something for you but haven't been successful yet. Maybe I will go to the Christian bookstore and look.

Anonymous said...

I have your birthday cards sitting here. Everytime I go to the store I try to find something for you but haven't been successful yet. Maybe I will go to the Christian bookstore and look.