February 19, 2008

They are here!!!

It was a tough wait. All day I just checked plane activity!! I finished getting enough pillows and blankets counted out. Changed all the sheets and made sure we have enough towels - etc. Busy work to try to make the day go by!!

I drove up to Orlando and found out the plane was going to be 30 minutes late (it was still "on time" the last time I checked on the internet). I was so excited that it was a loooooonnnnnggggg 30 minutes!!

But I finally saw them coming thru the secure area. I was soooo happy to see them......

We got thier luggage and van and got headed south. We went by the Lone Cabbage - but it was already closed. So we wound up at McDonalds. It was great being with all of them again. They've all grown sooo much. And so well behaved!!! I almost thought they'd be cranky and/or grumpy after that long flight and then the long drive = but they weren't. I think they were excited to be here. I pretty much had the kid van - I have the dvd in it. They watched a movie during the drive. Raquel kept saying "I can't believe I'm in Florida!!" Even Tetee stayed awake and watched all the movie. It was dark - so there wasn't much scenery - and blessedly - not much traffic either. Just a trucker that must've been trying really hard to stay awake at the wheel and then someone else just "parked" in the lanes on one of the 2 lane roads. But we made it home safely and all are tucked in thier "beds". On the floor, in the beds, in the recliners, all soundly snoozing. I'm so happy. Just wish I felt better. Hope I don't "pass anything around". Baby hasn't "caught" whatever it is I have but I think Keith might be feeling a little under the weather.

Blogger won't let me upload pics right now -

No comments: