June 27, 2010

I have a funny story to tell

This is a sample of true to life events:

A few weeks ago I was in Lowe's in Vero Beach.  I went there to get a few things that I needed for the pantry setup and while I was there I was over looking for the door that Richard had seen a while before that and .... anyhow... on with the story.... So we'd been talking about the lack of insulation over the pantry area that we needed to keep cool - and I was looking at insulation - and asked the man there how much I would need... so to come forward some more... I put a roll of the stuff in my cart and asked who could get 4 more rolls for me. A young man was pointed out and called over.

So here is the crux of my story..... the young man sauntered over and said "what".  Taken back a bit - I told him I needed more rolls of the insulation.  He sauntered very slowly around the corner - I followed because he didn't acknowledge that he'd even heard me much less that he would honor the request.  In reality he was getting a cart, V e r y   s l o w l y.  He finally came back with the cart and loaded the request.  The I headed to the checkstand... and I waited for him to show up.  When he got there I said "having a long day? a bit tired?"  his reply - "no, I'm just a laid back guy".  another suprised startle for me!!!

So I pay and head out the door with my cart.  I come back in the door looking for the young man.  He is sitting over on a display... I commented to the cashier that he (the young man) didn't seem much interested in his work and the response was "I'll bet his parents are so PROUD" and I agreed.  I then asked the youn man if he was going to help me take the stuff to the pickup - he looked suprised... got up, wandered over, and started pushing the other cart toward the door.  We got outside the door, he asked where I was parked, said he'd wait there for me to pull over, "it's too hot out here and I don't like the sun". So, now exasperated, I get the pickup, unload my cart, pull over to him, and load that cart into the back, take the carts (both) back inside, come back out and say thank you to the young man that was so much help...  And people that WANT TO WORK don't have jobs...  wonder which corporate boss he is related to.

No wonder this country is going broke!

No comments: