June 30, 2010

After enjoying another breakfast with members of the tour group and sharing our plans for the day - we learned that we were all heading in the same direction later - to another Cardinals Game.  THis was an afternoon game so we would head out about lunch time.  They were going by way or the Arch - Gateway to the West.  I went to the top of this several years ago with April, Noah, and the kids (and during a thunderstorm).  I'm sure it was documented early in our Novice days! LOL

Keith had some work to do so I explored the strip mall just outside of the hotel, swam a couple of laps in the pool, and toured (should've been a small workout) the exercise room, all before getting ready to leave for the game.  To say I was a bit restless was an understatement!!

April took us to brother-in-law Jack's favorite burger place... This is for you Jack!! :-)

It turned out rather hot and humid during the game.  We had great seats but the sun was just to much for me - so I watched most of the game from the food court just inside.  April and the kids alternated watching from the seats and the court.  We shared a table with interesting people from all over.  The Cardinals have fans that travel quite far for their games!!  It wasn't a great day for them either as it was the only loss in the series with Arizona.

So our visit with April was at an end.  I spent the evening getting organized for the next leg of our journey across the USA!!  I love this country!!

No comments: