June 29, 2010

St. Charles, MO

I started out my day having breakfact with a tour group from Oklahoma that was also staying at the Best Western.  They were a group of American Indians (I knew the Tribe but cannot drag it up from my memory) that get together every year and tour a different area of the US.  This year it was the St. Louis area.  We talked about all the different things there were to see there and the nice ladies also talked quite a bit about themselves.  I got a pretty good history lesson (which I thouroughly enjoyed) before they headed out to start their trip to the Cahokia Mounds across the river in Illinios and to Grants Farm.  Keith took me to both of those spots during different visits to the area.  I know they will have a great time - I know I could've spent a whole day in each place when we went! LOL
So, after this very long breakfast, April, Elizabeth, and Brennan arrived bearing all sorts of goodies for our day together!   We started out at the pool!


Then we went for a nice stroll down to Main Street in St. Charles.  The weather was quite wonderful.  Sun shone all day for us and a great breeze made it that much better!
Our lunch stop was at the Olde Millstream Inn which was in itself a really great place.  I'm so glad April suggested it.  The patio seating right next to the stream was great. The servers were wonderful.  The food (except for Brennan's overdone burger) was really good.  Brennan didn't say anything about the burger in time to do anything about it - but they apologized profusely and offered....
After the great lunch, we explored Main Street


And got our picture taken

before we took the St. Charles Trolley and headed  "back for the barn".  The driver dropped us as close tot he front door of the hotel as he possibly could!

WHAT A GREAT DAY!

No comments: