May 24, 2006

2 Left

It's only noon today and already two of our babies are gone. It's already to quiet. They will all be gone by tomorrow evening but the two youngest went today. Austin was the suprise. One of the FP's in another county had a child leave and gamely volunteered to "try" taking him. He is definately a challenge. And a very high-energy challenge at that. He finally had made contact with me (it took several days) and now to move him was hard. But I know LeAnne and she is great!! She'll have him eating out of her hands in no time. She is a younger and more energetic woman than I (that's not hard to be tho') so he will do wonderfully there. I am very happy about this placement.

There was an opening for Lonnie to be placed with his 2 brothers, closer to where Mom and Dad live, so they don't have to put themselves out to visit. So, over protests, they have all been moved to the same placement. The one good thing is that they will at least be together. His brothers are just a cute as he is. I got pictures of his "home-leaving". I'm sad about him - I had him for 5 months. But that's about my limit - after 6 - I'm to attached and have a much harder time looking at the bright side and letting them go.

The older two went on their water park adventure with their prospective future long term fp's and they just loved them. I asked them on Monday if they would rather have them for parents than us and they didn't even think before they both said "yes". Amber actually realized what they said and looked a little embarrassed afterwards and I laughed with her - so she would know that's it's ok. I understand. It will definately take all day to get their stuff together - they are normal kids and have it all over the place. So anyway, they will be moving tomorrow evening and we will have none.

I will have a full week to get my foot healed, my shoulder back in place (my replacement tenz machine finally arived), find all the things that Austin moved (hid), and get all washed and cleaned up before we go on vacation. So even without kids - I'll be busy.

Keith is feeling bad - he has some sort of recurring digestive virus or something. In true Keith fashion - he won't call the Doctor. So we just have to watch him laying in the recliner looking sick and sad. LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing my babies in San Diego. It makes it all worthwhile. So click on the "comments" button below and let me know what you are doing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you either. We are counting down the days. Guess I should do your laundry before you get back!! I keep forgetting that it's in there.