May 15, 2006

New Visitor

We have a new visitor at our house. He will only be staying for a day or two. He is a sweet little 2-year old that is in constant motion and totally non-verbal. As always - he came to us with no paperwork of any value - and no medication of any kind - so my initial guess is that he is one of God's special children. I closed all the doors and up my gates. He runs the "fence line" about every 5 minutes - I suppose he is looking for an escape hatch. He slept very well last night - was very easy to put to bed once I figured out that he still takes a bottle. I gave him a 4 oz and he went right to sleep - slept until 8 this morning. He pretty much stays away from the baby - which is good - but we watch constantly anyhow. He definately knows what he wants and I'm watching him throw a tantrum because Papa wouldn't give him soda. Well - he is over it now.

Mother's Day wasn't the exciting day it is supposed to be. Papa was sick (has been since Friday) so he still wasn't getting out of bed, the kids were totally bored, and my foot is the size of a football. So I gamely stuffed my toes into a sandal and we went to Sunday School and Church. Afterwards, we went to Sonny's BBQ. We've driven by it dozens of times, I love anything BBQ and Keith doesn't like the place. So since he wasn't with us, we went. Tylor and Amber don't like anything with "sauce" on it. So they wound up with $4 hot dogs & fries but I had the best bbq chickenthat I've ever had (that wasn't homemade) with baked beans, baked sweet potato and garlic bread. It was great and I made a total pig (I'm past the piglett stage) out of myself and ate most all of it. The kids did unbend to try a little of the chicken that didn't have any sauce on it, and Tylor ate a piece of the garlic bread. He suggested that "next time" I get the cornbread 'cause he likes it better. We then came home and I remembered the tickets for the Mother's Day lunch that the Social Club put on at the clubhouse. But I was completely done walking. My foot was not only football size but is turning colors and THROBBING. So I chalked it up to my old-timers CRS and got in the recliner and propped my foot up. About 3:30 one of the Ladies - actually the one with a psuedo-halo knocked at my door with a tray - full of the most wonderful goodies. Now I didn't have to fix dinner either. There was Chicken Salad on Croisant, green salad, pudding in a cloud, and some of the greatest little chocolate sticks I've ever eaten.

Then I talked to my little girl. She is so lonesome without her hubby. Her voice sounded so tired and wo-be-gone. I knew exactly what the problem was and I feel for her. I remember all the years alone thru the holidays. Of course, I was married, he wasn't deployed, I was just alone. We chatted for quite awhile and her voice sounded more chipper when we hung up. I reminded her that it is only a couple of weeks before we would be back out there - and Rod will be home in just over 2 weeks from when we leave. Of course, our presence isn't nearly as fulfilling as her wonderful hubby - but it's the best we can do :-)

The hot dog must not have agreed with Amber - I noticed a towel laid out on the carpet in her room - I lifted the towel - yuk!! I sure do wish she would've told me before it all soaked into it. So now that both little ones are down for a morning nap - I guess I will take my football foot and get down on my knees and clean up second-hand hot dog.

Better luck to all of you!!!!!

Oh, and Bless Miss Sallie at church, she found a t-shirt that was dropped after the Gibbs Family Gospel on Friday - When I got home I found that the bag that I asked Tylor to carry for me - only had 1 t-shirt in it - of course it was his. He says he didn't notice dropping anything out of the bag while he was "swinging it around" (his words). So thanks to Miss Sallie - I didn't totally waste $10.

More later,
Amah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the hotdog- YUCK is right!
Hope your foot is feeling better and that the swelling goes down so you can get up and around.
Glad that you had a good Mother's Day even if you didn't get to go to the luncheon.