May 13, 2006

Hobble-A-Long

I've done it again!! And I don't even know for sure just what I did. As usual - I don't remember bumping, hitting, twisting or anything. And it isn't my ankle - it's from my little toe up to my middle toe and across the top to my ankle. It hurts like the dickens and I'm not having any fun trying to walk. I did it yesterday about 4. I know that because 1) the kids were in school and the baby was asleep so I 2) decided that I had time for a short power nap (these meds make me sleepy). Anyhow the phone rang and I 3) looked at the clock and realized that Papa had gone to meet the bus and 4) someone needed to answer it. I jumped off of the couch and promptly landed on my well-padded derriere. I let out a holler that woke the baby up and was still sitting there when Papa and the older kids got home a few minutes later!! Well, last night was also the Gibbs Family Southern Gospel presentation at Church - so Papa got out my crutches - from the last time I couldn't remember how I hurt myself - and we went. Papa had a lot of fun telling people that I fell off of the couch - and he has paid for it dearly today - he has the flu. A really good dose of it. He has been ill ALL DAY - which means he laid in bed and I hobbled around to do the bare necessities for the kids. Thank the Lord it is Saturday and the older kids are such good ones!!! They fetched and carried for me - but then about noon (Papa in bed and I'm still in a nightshirt) a GAL shows up unannounced!! Said that DCF gave her an incorrect phone number and she hadn't been able to contact us to set up an appointment. So we looked like a real happy family (add to all of the above that Vinci brought all of the baby stuff back yesterday afternoon and I still have it stacked in the living room) as well as organized and effectual. I'm not sure what the woman must be thinking but I do hope to get a chance to make a better impression.

We've not done much else around here. I just go in circles every day and get nothing done. Still trying to diet (I've only gained 5 lbs on this last one) and about to totally give up and go to Mexico for that belly banding thing. I read with the big kids for about 20 minutes each per day and then I fix dinner, we get baths and it's bedtime. Today was supposed to be a swimming date - but with Papa sick, Tylor coughing, and me hobbling - it just didn't seem like a really good idea~~ Tomorrow we are supposed to go to a Mother's Day Lunch. Bought tickets in advance and everything. Enough for today Hope all is well with everyone and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THE MOTHERS THAT READ THIS. You know who you are :-)

Diane
Wife to Keith, Mom to S'te (28), Amah-Mama to "Lonnie (5 mo), Amber (8),& Tyler (7)"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you updated. I was in need of some good reading material!

Hope your foot feels better by morning and you make it to the Mother's Day Lunch.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Love you