May 7, 2006

It's already Sunday


We had a kicked back day yesterday. During the morning the 3 older kids "helped" Papa by riding their bikes thru the lawn while he was trying to put the brick borders in for me. I took the idea from both S'te at http://elmoresandiego.blogspot.com/ and Sharen at http://knucklesknoll.blogspot.com/ but not nearly as ambitious. Not only that, I was afraid that if we went more than 1 block high the hurricanes would blow anything not tied down thru the windows of our house ~~ So we shopped and found some that I liked enough to do our yard.

Then we had lunch and went swimming. Now, those of you with kids are well aware that there is NOTHING kicked back about going to the pool with 5 kids. The older 2 were just fine but the 3 year old whined constantly. No one would play with him, there's nothing to do, I can't do that, I want, I think I'm hungry, I think I'm getting thirsty, etc - on and on and on. Then we have the 2 babies - one walking - so he can't be left out of arms reach for a minute and the other wanting a nap!! By the time I finished blowing up all the swimmies, rings, and baby floatie, I was exhausted!!! I took snacks and water for all - but they didn't want that (there were others that had chips and sodas at the next table) and with all the longing, forlorn gazes dragging the ground they were (ordered) requested back into the pool or we were going home. That lasted about 5 seconds - so we packed it all up and headed for the house - complaining all the way!! Good thing Papa is hard of hearing and I am stubborn. They then played inside for the rest of the day (all 2 hours) until dinner. It was just so darn hot out there even the kids stayed inside!!

My night consisted of Lonnie waking up at 10:45 and staying that way in 15 minute increments until about 5. Yes - that is am also, S'te. So I did get some sleep. Papa got up with the kids and I wandered out about 9:30. I have an hour to get everyone ready for church!!! In a rush I get all of their clothes out, start the diaper bag and announce that I'm headed for the shower (between the chlorine and yard sweat yesterday, I really should've done it last night - I was just to tired!). NO WATER. The water didn't reappear until almost 11 so - no church. I put the church clothes away and got play clothes out for the kids - they played outside until noon - then it got to hot. So now we are in for an all day in the house with "nothing to do". I'm tired, got a headache, and they are all bored and argueing. So much for Sunday!!

We spent most of the evening watching and chuckling (out and out laugh sounds harsh) as Lonnie trys to crawl. He has this spider-man thing going. He gets on all fours but it is hands and feet - and flops in the direction he wants to go. He will get on his hands and knees and rock back and forth while he is considering his direction and once he makes up his mind - up goes the butt and down goes the head - and flop he is that much closer to where he wanted to be. I got a short clip but don't know how to add it to this. I've seen it on other blogs but haven't found the key yet. But when I do.........

If anything more comes up - I'll let ya'll know but at this point I may wind up in the looney bin before dark LOL See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Diane, What a fun filled weekend! We missed you at church this a.m. and when I got home I was going to call when I saw the email. Sorry about the H2O but glad you survived yet another day.
You said five kids, who do you have besides Lonnie, Amber and Tyler? Hope to see you Sunday.I love your blog, will check in more frequently on you. Have a good Monday! Say hi to Keith!
Sallie