May 24, 2006

You just never know. . .

We took Amber and Tylor to their visit and got a call on our cell phone. The new placement for Austin didn't work out. He wasn't there 5 hours!!! So we have him back - again - already. So much for getting things cleaned up and organized. I don't have a clue what happened other than she said he wasn't working out. So now I'll have him over the weekend - I'm pretty sure of that. With no one else here to entertain him -

He came back just as non-chalantly as he left. I took his hand, he came in and got the soda off of the back of the counter, drank all of that as I chased him around the kitchen, I got him out of there, closed the gate and all has been as usual - right down to bedtime. I really wonder what happened. That is probably something that I will never know.

Just goes to show you - your plans are meant to vary. The Lord wants him here for some reason. It's not my job to question Him - just do my best for as long as He has decided that he will be here.

Tomorrow will be a very hard day for me. Even kids leaving, Austin staying, a Shareholders meeting, and Jeremy's Birthday. It is so hard to believe that 34 years ago - at this time - my Sister and I were timing Labor pains. It seems so much like yesterday. We were waiting for Mom to get off work so that she could drive me to the hospital. I was so excited!! I couldn't wait to hold my baby. Back then of course we had to wait and see whether the baby was boy or girl. And I had my baby boy. THe prettiest baby in the Nursery. Oh so long ago, and yet so easily remembered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well maybe he wasn't meant to be in that placement. Funny how things work out sometimes. We are learning the same thing here. I hope he ends up where he needs to be.