May 31, 2006

Childless

We are childless again!! I spent yesterday going between worrying that S'te would have a hard time with her girls going and being afraid that they wouldn't find a placement for mine. That all worked out just fine. S'te had a kick of a time with the SW who is a PITA but she handled it well and mine got a placement that looks like it will work and was moved about 2. So all is well. S'te and I talked it over for a long time last night. It's not that the children need to be moved. It's not that they move the children. It's that they have to be so condescending and nasty when they do it. When we get considerate DCM's or SW's we are so overjoyed they are lucky that we don't just jump up and kiss them :-)

We celebrated our new status by going out to dinner at the new-to-us Sloanes that replaced the Surf on SR 60 and took kid toys over to Tom & Nancy's so the grandchildren have something to do. Tom is doing as well as can be expected - he is handling everything like a champ and so is Nancy. It is amazing just how quickly things can change. Last July we were all sitting at the Lake in Georgia talking about their plans to build a new home up there. Now Tom will be lucky if there is a July for him this year. It saddens me - but God know's what He is doing. I have to put this in my God Box and let him take care of it - I can't. Anyhow, Tom rolled out the slides and projector of the Days in the PI that were so long ago. Great pictures and it reminds us how much we have lived - and how rich our lives have been!! We stayed until Tom got tired, Jackie put the girls to bed and Nancy was surely ready to be rid of us. And we stayed out AFTER DARK!

Keith is watching Western Wednesday after doing his club meeting, a phone con, checking with the BOD President, and looking in on Tom. I went to Wednesday Coffee this morning, took apart my PC, took apart the Villages Channel 2 PC, saw that I couldn't "swap parts" so I went up and bought some new RAM to put in it. The graphics sure look better on the TV. Now all we need to do is figure out how to get the office onto cable modems so that she dosen't have to mess with the modem she has that is slower than molassas in January. Or maybe even the modem in the CH 2 PC. Not sure which. But there has to be something better!!

Anyhow, I got home, watched my soap, and headed for my MASSAGE. I've looked forward to it for - like - forever. My legs hurt, my arms are tired - I was just soooooo ready!! I didn't make it. There was an accident on SR 60 that held me up for long enough to miss my appointment. So I called from the standstill traffic and rescheduled for tomorrow morning.

So, instead I went to Best Buy. I asked if they had a "thing" that I can put my PC Maxtor hard drive in and make it an external drive so if I need it - I can just plug it into the notebook - we don't use the PC anymore - It isn't even on the internet connection - and hasn't been. I just want the drive in case there is something that hasn't gotten transfered. The little "geek" said SURE NO PROBLEM! ! He ran right over and got this little box thing for me. Looked about the right size so I thanked him for making this the easiest thing I have tried to do all day. Paid and left. Got home.

Took the external kit out of the box. It isn't the right one. It is for a 3.5" external drive.

So I put it back in the box.

Put the box back in the bag.

Put the Maxtor into the bag with it.

Put the entire batch on Keith's lap.

He can deal with them. I'm tired.

Life is so much easier with kids. I don't try to do these other things that FRUSTRATE me so much!!!

But Channel 2 is up and running :) My Sister at Knuckles Knoll updated her Blog. My foot is propped up. It is cool in here. I have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had such a nice calm day after my girls were moved. It was hard to believe that their were still 7 children in the house! Right now it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop!!

Just wait in a few days you won't have to be childless any more!! hehe