June 2, 2006

Getting Ready

We (I) are getting ready for our vacation!! This is rather solitary (it seems) work. I pack for us - he packs for him. I clean house - he checks e-mail. I stop the paper, put in address cards - he looks at the jokes on his e-mail. I make arrangements with the office, fill out appropriate forms - he spends an hour contemplating his time sheet (there was a holiday and it threw it all off). I'm bitchy. The Dr says my bloodwork is wonderful - she is so everlasting cheerful. I'll just bet she was a cheerleader all the way thru Med School!! I don't think she is as old as Dougie Houser. Well, maybe a little. Anyhow, I thought I'd vent this way instead of strangleing Papa and winding up in jail instead of on an airplane. I got the laundry done minutes ago. He took his things that I'd folded and rolled them up and put in his suitcase. Of course, he has 1, I have 3. But I have all the meds, toothbrushes, toiletries etc that we will both use. THAT STUFF dosen't go into his bag. I can't do my meds until we go to the drugstore, and we will do that on our way to pick up the rental car, and drop the little car in Frazers driveway, and the pickup in the little house drive - that way everything is under cover and there is a vehicle at each home. Keith washed the bbq off a few minutes ago. He left it on the driveway to dry so we can bring it into the kitchen. The lawn maintenance people just came by and mowed the lawn. I don't want to be the one to tell him that he needs to go wash it off again. Living in Paradise~~ We have to make sure that everything is tied down, put inside, or take the chance that it will become a missile. I'm not afraid of anyone stealing anything - I'm afraid of things turning into missiles and breaking my house. Aren't I funny HEHEHEHE.

I'm still crabby. Writing didn't help. It was 78 at seven this morning. I bought a dehumidifier for the shed so that I could actually put stuff in there without it molding. I got a whole container of water overnight. I guess we will have to do the hose and drill a hole thing - on both houses as I bought one for the Florida Room at the little house. Thought that may help in making that room a little more comfortable. And less moldy too!!

I think Papa is ready to start moving. Geez I hope so - I want to get done what I need to do - so that I know it's done and I have time for all the things that I forgot to do while I was worrying about the things we haven't done!! So see ya'll soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi family!!! We were glad to hear you made it safely to S'te's home. Praying for little Austin in his new placement. I just did some back reading, as I missed quite a few days, so go back and see my comment for 5/28. I miss you Diane. You and Keith are precious to us. We had a great day at Faith today. John is doing a wonderful job leading the music and everyone is becoming more comfortable with the new music. We had some more families with children today. So that is nice and we are praying that God will direct them to stay awhile and join with us. . . I have some photos from today if you want to check my photosite here it is http://swilson575.photosite.com
I will check your sea-ami now that your away to keep up with you. See you when you get back. Til then, God bless you and have fun!!!!
Love you. . .