December 20, 2006

Christmas 06

Here is our Annual "Update". I'd love to hear from each of you on what's been happening with you!! Love to all - The Beatty's

December, 2006

To All Our Friends and Family,

We hope this finds you all happy and healthy and ready to celebrate this Birthday of Christ Jesus. As always, I’ve written a little book to go with my cards. So here goes. . .

We were in SD for Easter and I knew there were an Easter Egg Hunt, Action Presentations and all kinds of other activities scheduled – So I took my pic early. Aren’t they growing?? I was sooo happy to be able to spend so much time out there this summer. It was almost like being at home!

We left home again in June for the West Coast. We managed a Short trip to The Oregon Coast and packed in so many activities. Over to Coos Bay for Clint’s Birthday. Sorry to say, we missed his “Official Retirement Party”!! We went on to Powers for White Cedar Days, to Canyonville for July 4th with Sharen and my Dad, and to Portland for the Duncan Family Reunion!! Here is the majority of the Duncan Family. We saw members of the family that I haven’t seen in several years and Keith got to meet a large part of my extended family. It was great and we all had a wonderful time. I’m so glad that we were invited. On the way back to Canyonville we stopped and looked at several of the new triple wide mobiles. We played with the idea of finding a place to “summer” in Oregon – but so far things haven’t worked out in that direction. Here is a picture that was taken at S’te’s house right after Rod returned from his sea duty. S’te doctored up the background and she really did a wonderful job with it. We also managed a trip for two to Rosarito Beach while we were doing our “summer travels”. We looked at some condos down there too. Didn’t find anything to fall in love with!

We headed back to Florida in August after several visits with the kids and we picked up our newest houseguests. They are a sibling group and we have much in common. Felix has the same birthday as Keith, Mary is a Valentines girl, Boo’s birthday is our Anniversary, and last but not least is Baby Bastion who is a total delight. He never stops smiling. He is up and walking around tables but won’t need them for long. They are a joy to have – knots and all – they keep us hopping and life stays busy with them around. We have been so blessed. We have our families and each other. We are blessed to be able to share a little.

And here they are in their Halloween Finery. The Village had a party and then we trick or treated until the mosquitoes sent us running for cover. Then we just handed out the treats for the hardiest. Keith went up to see April in August and didn’t bring back any pictures but says he had a great visit and that Elizabeth and Brennan are growing up just “way to fast”. And his “Little April” is doing really well and is as beautiful as ever. We were hoping to see them again but with their busy lives, it just didn’t work out.

The Color Guard put on a great presentation for Veteran’s Day. It was really hot so we really didn’t spend much time outside at all but went inside and celebrated our Country’s Servicemen in the air conditioned comfort. Wimpy – huh!!

Right after Veteran’s Day I finally had my carpal tunnel surgery done. It looks really good and is healing really well – or so they say. I started this a week ago – so I’m not really believing them. It probably gets better all the time – just not quick enough for me~~

With the fall came some cooler weather but with so many small kids – I found it really hard to get out – so Keith bought me a “buggy. It has a seat on the back for the kids – complete with seat belts – and a special seat for Baby. We just love it. Since it uses no gas – we just cruise all over. It is really neat to look at Christmas lights in!!

As I was putting up lights I looked over at this plant that I gave up on and stuck in the ground. I’ve been trying for 20 years to get one of those little pink flowers!! Isn’t it amazing??

We’ve enjoyed the fellowship of Faith Baptist Church here in Vero and became members during the Spring. It has been a great experience for both of us to renew our Faith. We’ve been to many functions and are slowly finding our niche. We’ve also attended several of the services in Spring Valley and we enjoy both styles of worship. And believe me – there are differences J Rod gave his first sermon that we only got to see on DVD because they changed the date – we were there for the original date ~~ He did such a great job!! It is wonderful that their faith has grown to such heights.

Now that I’ve written our whole Christmas Book – I have to get them mailed off – maybe someone will get it before Christmas actually arrives. I am also going to post it on my Blog – so everyone won’t get a “hard copy. So for this year – Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Love to all,

The Beattys

Sorry that the pictures didn't upload the right way. If I can get back to it - I will try again to upload them again. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! to you all as well! I think I will shoot for a New Years letter!