December 10, 2006

Nativity

It's been a full week. Not that anything unusual happened - or even anything different - with my hand being so sore - it just takes longer for me to do the same things. Keith was gone the first part of the week for 3 days. He left Monday afternoon and went up to St. Augustine for business but he was back Wednesday afternoon. The kids and I had fun while he was gone. We went shopping every day!!! They are now able to go into a store and keep thier voices down and their hands to themselves!! Horray.


We spent the majority of our "shopping time" looking for an outside Nativity Scene. Why have we let the stores completely forget that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season?" I looked online, in stores, in thrift shops, in newspapers - I looked and asked all over the place where I could get one. No one knew. Oh, they had those big plastic ones that fall over every night at Walmart - but that was it!!!! I finally left the kids home with Keith and went looking some more. It was getting dark and I knew I needed to get home to start dinner and I drove by a tent where they were selling Christmas Trees. And there was tons of yard art out there!! So I stopped - asked if any of it was for sale - and PRAISE THE LORD - yes. And they had the Nativity Scene that I wanted. Next year when we have the power situation straightened out - you will be able to see it better. But this is the results of about 2 weeks of research. And it all fit in the van to get it home!! The next question will be storage - but hey - the Lord provided the scene -He'll help me figure out what to do with it!! So - anyway I've got the Nativity Scene (part of it this one will have to be added to a bit at a time!!) that I've wanted for over 30 years. Thank you!!
We even had an evening out for dinner - and an evening Christmas Party!! We watched the Space Shuttle Discovery launch last night. It is so amazing that we could see it as plainly as we did. There was very little cloud cover - so we saw it for a lot longer than I thought we would. It was kind of like watching the circling planes from S'te's porch - only closer and plainer. AMAZING!!! I can't think of another word for it. I wish I had taken pictures - but of course - the camera was on the table - and - I was outside!!
If all goes as planned - Keith is taking me on a Belated 50th Birthday Cruise. In fact we are taking this Cruise only as a test cruise:) LOL because I would still like to see my whole immediate family (mine and Keiths) all together where they can at least meet each other face to face - at least once. So I still have my family reunion cruise dream going - so we are going to get Respite and do a short "test". It's given me a goal - 80#'s in 2 months ????? But I am going to try!!
Tomorrow is the Memorial Services for Angie and she will be heavily on my heart and mind. Although she is in a much better place - the way she went bodes ill for humanity. Pray for her and for S'te as she is feeling the horror firsthand. Pray that the Lord gives her the stregnth to get thru the next few weeks and please pray for the outcome with little Ellie to be a positive outcome.
So here is my update and some of what is going on. Nou I've updated, someone else can too.

No comments: