December 30, 2006

Saddam is Dead

I don't know if I should be as content and relieved as I am with the thought of a human being purposely being hanged. I was actually relieved that his sentence was carried thru when we got the news Special Report at 10:18 last night. I was worried about the violence and catastrophes that could happen if it were a long drawn out process. But I am old enough to remember the news reports and pictures of people laying dead in the street where they fell while trying to run from the gas that he ordered for the villages. The pictures of babies laying dead in thier beds and children just dropping where they were playing. Maybe after 3 or 4 years of warning by the UN - they didn't find any wmd's - but he USED wmd's - so you can't tell me he didn't HAVE them.

I trust that the Lord had done as was meant to be done. To the very end Saddam showed no remorse, no humility, and actually requested to be executed by firing squad as "would be the honorable way for a soldier to be executed". I'm glad he hanged. I hope this shows that NO man is above the law of humanity and mankind. Only for the rest of the rising "Hitler" style leader to follow the same path. The one to the gallows.

So here you have my "thoughts for today".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that he is dead as well. He took thousands of innocent lives. Back in the Bible times he would have been taken out and stoned. Maybe now the people of Iraq can rebuild their lives.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what kind of background you want and I will do it for you. It's much easier to do in the updated version. I just redid Marsha's for her.