June 22, 2006

Another day, Another project started!!

She's at it again!! So, one minute she was scraping the wall in Kiah's room so she can patch and paint his walls (One wall of Kiah's room was kind of done with strips of wood in a mosaic pattern and Ty tore it down.) and the next minute she was tearing out tile in the hallway.

Well, actually maybe not quite that quick - but all we said was that there were so many cracked and broken tiles there that she was going to have to replace that floor finish also. Turns out that there is hardwood floor there also. Under a layer of ceramic tile, cement, mesh, and tar paper was actually hardwood flooring!! Ty had the unfortunate luck of coming in from school about the time the wheelbarrow needed to be emptied.
S'te was thinking that it might take a week or so to get the tile all torn up and scraped. I thought maybe she should know when someone might be around to install new flooring before doing the RIP job. But, no, not she. She found that wood floor down there and didn't stop until it was finished!! It came up in large pieces and chunks like in the picture above, so it didn't take long. I helped by cleaning up the mess afterwards and putting the tools away - so I did assist a little!

Then we had the interview with the Psychic. She didn't want to talk on speakerphone so she concentrated on S'te for awhile and then spoke with me. S'te called the Coos County Detective that happened to be 4th or so in line to inherit Jeremy's case. She told him what she had done and the results. I also spoke with him for a very short time but we made arrangements for me to meet with him while we are in Coos County. I don't want to spill the beans just yet. I want to digest and ponder for awhile and wait and see what happens before I give up the feelings that we were given. I'll let you know if anything comes of anything!!

Then this evening Keith had his Board Meeting for Lakewood. He really looks all serious too!! Don't you think? The wonders of modern technology!! He has called and been involved with every meeting that has been called. Things seem to be progressing pretty well at the Village. I'm anxious to see the changes when we return.
The new flower bed that was started yesterday got put on hold for today - they will probably work on it tomorrow. The middle kids spent most of the day in and out of the pool so they stayed pretty busy. The basketball hoop got moved to the back yard the other day so the nasty lady on the other side of the fence can't complain anymore about the balls going over the fence and into her yard!! Now she's going to have to buy her own balls instead of keeping the kid's.

Enough for tonight. More when there is news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta keep you on your toes. Never know what I might do next!! Wonder what ROd will think when he gets home!

Anonymous said...

Hey S'te the house is looking good! I am anxious to hear about the completed floors and see pics of the end results! We are doing Kyle's bedroom- he lives in the garage! gray and red so will send pics when I finish too.
Praying for you Diane and S'te as you digest all that has transpired about Jeremy. PRAY< PRAY< PRAY!!!!
love you, Sallie

owlhaven said...

You sound really busy!!
Thanks for playing my abc game. I loved all the comments!
Mary, mom to many