June 30, 2006

And On to Coos Bay

As you all are aware by now, we made it to Oregon. Spent the night in Eugene as Keith didn't want to do one of "those roads" at night. They really aren't that bad!! We went over to the coast on Hwy 126 from Eugene to Florence. It was a beatiful drive!! At Florence we turned on to 101. I think that 101 is an interstate - but if it is - it's not like any interstated you Easterners have EVER seen!! This picture it taken about 25 minutes out of Eugene and Keith was driving. We left about 10 am to make it to Coos Bay before the Friday night "traffic" started.
We stopped at the Hwy 101 and Hwy 38 Junction at a little restaurant and met Lucy and Art since they were headed to a wedding in Eastern Oregon and I wouldn't be able to see them during my shorter-than-planned visit to Coos Bay. The painted saws on the wall were amazing. There were more but I tried real hard not to make a total spectacle of myself taking pictures. We got there just in time. Right after we sat down, the place totally filled to the rafters!! We had a really good visit and I caught up on some news that I hadn't heard. Lucy looks great and they both look really happy. See? It was a nice rest in the trip.

Then we headed in opposite directions! We did make it for Clint's Birthday and "last day of official" work before his official retirement. We visited for most of the afternoon at thier home and then went out to see who might be out to see. Since the airlines problem cut our stay down to one day - we tried to pack everything in at once. On Flickr there are more pictures - of the scenery, the dunes, the McCullouch Bridge, and of the entry to North Bend. I think that was it for the day. We were back in our room by 10:30 and called it a night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH finally something to read and feel updated with. I love the pics with Grandpa and Aunt Sharen. Looks like you are having fun!!

Anonymous said...

OK I check this things several times a day!! I miss your updates and I miss you!!! SO glad you will be back tomorrow!!!