June 19, 2006

Papa finds a baby!!


DSCN0188
Originally uploaded by Amah.
No matter where we go - or how far we travel - Papa finds a baby to hold!! He's made fast friends with this little guy!! He is the baby of a friend of S'te's that is visiting for a day or two. He's sure a chunky little thing.

Not much afoot today. Ty started summer school - the others are bored and have nothing to do. It is amazint - today is the official first day of summer break. I don't know how S'te is going to survivie a whole summer. It has nothing to do with Rod being deployed - he works full time when he isn't deployed :) She is planning out her gardens - like her Aunt Sharen - and will get more done as time goes on.

We met Liz and Earl for dinner last night and then on up to C1 to see the gang. It looks like we might get quite a crew for the Padre game on Sunday. Sammi is planning a Bunco party and that sounds like fun but if I do that - I'll never make it to the game. Janet, S'te and I had planned to go to Bingo today (Janet and I need help on our cards HEEHEHE) but Keith had to work - so that fell thru. We didn't have anyone else to leave the kids with. BOO+HOOO

Even with all the good times and great visits things must be catching up with me. One of Keith's very good long-time friends passed away last week and we didn't know until the day of the services (when Keith called to see how he was doing). We have another friend that all are in prayer for - hoping for a quiet and painless passing. I had a bad night and an even worse day. I don't know why I insist on the continual eating when I feel bad. Now my foot hurts, my arm-hand-and shoulder are throbbing, I have a headache and heartburn. BUT I'M FULL!! :( Overful. Bloated. Fat. And nothing went away. I did get in a nap this afternoon for a few minutes before dinner. S'te fixed Tacos with spanish rice and beans. It was great. I hope that the law bans electric guitars. They cause more trouble than guns!!! Especially when there are teens in the house!!

We have lots of plans for the week. The kids have a VTC with Rod and the interview regarding Jeremy are both set for Wednesday and Thursday. It is possible that that is what is messing with my brain right now - but we will see.

Wish us luck!!

No comments: