June 17, 2006

Makkiah promotion


Makkiah promotion
Originally uploaded by Ste Elmore.

It was Graduation Day for our youngest grandson today. Papa went off to visit Timmy while S'te, Ty, and I went to the Graduation Ceremony at the park. It was a really cute. = They did the chicken dance (everyone but Kiah - wasn't no way, no how he was doing that!!), einsy weinsy spider, more chicken dance, and then got thier certificates. The adults jumped into line like starving orphans and had sandwich, cake, and punch. It was really organized and the kids were wonderful. They must've been practicing. They stood in line, didn't talk, paid attention!! They have a lot of work to do to fix that before their next grad!!!!

S'te and Ty and I helped to clean up and pack up. I had the balloons that I was carrying to the top of the hill - to THIER pickup - literally snatched out of my hand buy Kiah's least favorite teacher. For more Graduation, another picture, and a link to the slide show - visit the Money Pit. S'te has all that on there.

Papa has decided to put the kids to work. He returned with a blade for the sawsall, a new lawnmower, got the weedeater started, and had a total list of what needed to be done. I guess the visit with Tim motivated him.

Liz and I went to lunch at Pedro's here in Spring Valley. I ate too much and we had a great visit. I vented some of my frustrations about Gerald and Jeremy. She is really a great listener. When she needs to - she vents to me. I guess it was mostly just my day. She toured the Money Pit and couldn't get over how much progress has been made in less than 2 years. She was just totally amazed. We laughed about the "maze" and how far you had to go - to go back to the kitchen for your purse. She drove right past it when we returned from lunch - said she did the same thing when she came to pick me up. The kids have done a wonderful job of putting it together.

We went to support group and then stopped at Denny's. Another busy day!!!


No comments: