June 13, 2006

Tyrique


6-13-06 017
Originally uploaded by Ste Elmore.
We got around early this morning. Ty is out of school this week and is trying to earn "points" so he can pay for his internet game site that he likes. So he told his Mom that he would do anything she wanted him to do. Well, guess what was first!! The lawnmower is back at HD because the motor mount is broken - mind you - it is a brand new mower!! So he wound up weed-eating the lawn. He was really good natured about it too!! He can really be a sweet kid when he isn't trying to see how far he can push!! He got the lawn all cleaned up nicely. S'te and I went to the Garden Shop and got some stuff to kill the huge weeds that really like the new soil in the lawn. We have to wait for 3 days to spray it on now - but even weedy - it looks better than it did. He has the week off before he heads for summer school.

We did some deep cleaning yesterday and figured out that the tiles in the kitchen were REALLY getting bad. The ones that Lowes sold them that were defective. Lowes gave them the purchase price back but nothing for the pain of installing and now ripping out tile that is less than 2 years old. She caught me with the camera while I was laying on the floor trying to clean under the fridge. Never trust a kid (no matter how old) with a camera when you are doing something that looks really stupid :)

Mak has been taveling with us every day after his 1/2 day at school and pretty much takes it in stride. He was really funny at WalMart. He was "wanting" things he didn't have a clue what they were.

TeeTee was in a huggy and kissy mood so she got lots of attention. Her little legs and her purse in the crook of her arm - it was sooo cute. Papa is making up to her with Smarties so he has a new best friend!!

We straitened Brayana and LaDaria's hair the other day and LaDaria wanted to know why I don't know anything about curly hair!! LIke I EVER have had a problem with CURLS!! I laughed so hard tears came.

We are going to let the middle kids and LaDaria skip school tomorrow and go to the county fair in DelMar. The 4 oldest are "presenting" with the AIM for Faith Team and I definately LOVE to watch them. I'm going to try AGAIN to get a good video. I even have a tripod this time - yea!!

Keith got me an appointment - shows that the "squeaky wheel". We have to go to the downtown office verses the Kearney Mesa office - but I'm happy to be going!! God does wonderful things - if we give Him a chance!!



It's taken me 2 days to get this entry finished. By now I know that Alberto wasn't as bad as it looked from here and I'm so glad that the people out there weren't torn up and washed away - again. I've been watching every news show Keith will let me turn on. He says hi to everyone and he is working hard!! He even babysat for TeeTee while we went to the floor store this afternoon!!

Enough for now - going to go out and help S'te plant more flowers!! She has lots of strawberries on and they are going to be plumb sick of tomatoes!! Fruits of labor. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makkiah will be in heaven with the tomatoes!! I guess we'll see if he gets tired of them!

And if I could get him to stop eating the strawberries then we will be doing good!

And I'm sure that I can find more things to take pictures of!!