June 3, 2006

We're Here

We're Back!!! S'te and the kids picked us up about noon today. We left home about 4:30 this morning est and made our 8 am flight in plenty of time. Even with driving to Orlando. We got an upgrade for the first leg of the flight but didn't for the DFW - SAN leg. The longest part. Papa sat with those long legs pressed against the seat in front of him for the whole trip. He couldn't even use part of my leg space because the kid next to me was tall also and with thier legs and my width - it wasn't real comfy for anyone. Like Papa said - a real "love in". At DFW we got a ride from one end of the C Terminal to theother end of the D Terminal on the handicap cart - I don't think I'd have made it if we hadn't. Anyhow, the driver was a riot!! The would holler "cart coming thru" and then he'd thank everyone that he almost ran down!! Then he'd tell me not to laugh because they'd (those people) would be "hittin' on yous and hurt yous 'cause you be ridin' and they be a walkin'". He was totally halarious. We got to our flight with just about 10 minutes before boarding - and that was because they were late getting it cleaned from the incoming route. But we made it!!! We are here!!! Ty and LaDaria weren't here to meet us - they had spent the night with friends and just got home a bit ago. It's 9:30 my time and I feel like I've run all day. The kids and S'te walked in the La Mesa Flag Day Parade (about a mile) while Brayana played her Flutophone. She played "This Land is Your Land". S'te said it was HOT (about 90). The did the parade before they came to pick us up. She's got great timing. FOr the second time - she pulled up just as we got to the door. They had stopped at Taco Bell but Papa didn't want that - he was ready for Carnitas Uraban at Mrs. Rodriguez. So after unloading our gear he and I went down there and had lunch. We got back - he took a nap and I unpacked all the stuff that I packed just yesterday!!

We've had a good visit - Destini has shown us her routine that she is working on with Action, Brayana played us the theme from Star Wars and S'te tuned the flute Grandpa Doland gave me up and played a bit of that for us. Papa has gone to see some friends and I'm about to relax right to sleep.

I really think I should've worn the "black boot" just a little longer. My foot feels like ##***#. I'm not liking it at all. Dr. Lisa has given me some new meds to try so maybe I can sleep tonight. Not only that - it cools down at night here!!

Have a great one all. I'm so happy to be here!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are soo happy to have you here. And yes you should have worn your boot. Maybe then your foot wouldn't hurt so bad!