June 28, 2006

Wednesday the 28th

Well, it's our last full day here before we head North for a few days. Our flight is about 10:30 in the morning so we will leave here by 8 or so. Not much time tomorrow.

Sunday we went to the Padre game. It was a circle jerk!! But it was fun and another memory of "the best laid plans". Of course it seems that when somehting is planned thru Pat at C1 - it turns out that way. People tell me that it isn't always screwed up - just when I'm involved (you think they are trying to tell me something?). We all got there - almost 30 of us - in time for steak and eggs or hot dogs. The bus was supposed to pick us up at noon - First pitch is at 1:05. At 12:45 about 10 of us (the rest opted out) got into cabs and left because the bus never showed. We did make it before the end of the first inning - and our seats weren't bad either. We had shade by the 3rd. They were a little higher than I like - but Papa has spoiled me so badly!! Pads lost - bad!! 8 to 4 when we left in the 8th. We rode back with Bumper - she offered the cab fare back to C1 but I wasn't letting her out of my sight. Lil Deb wound up sitting on knees both going and coming. She was real good natured about it (but, hey, she is the only one that wouldn't smash the legs down to toothpicks) there were several jokes passed on - but it was all in fun. The rest of the crew showed up about an hour after we returned. Keith and Earl went down to the Moose and met Liz for dinner - I stayed at C1 and got all kinds of caught up on news. I had a really good visit with Judy and saw several people that I hadn't seen in a year or more. Got home and had a long talk with S'te about a few things that were bothering me (I talked and she played her 'puter and said ah-huh).

Monday I don't know what I did. Probably real close to nothing except for laundry - and lots of it!! Papa finished the closet doors and hung the planter outside for me. He also had his own work to do. He's been concentrating alot on his part-time position as well as what is going on in Lakewood. Between all of that and listening to me - he definately has a full day - every day.

The roofer came bvy and left an estimate, the floor people called and said they would be out Wednesday to check out the subflooring in the kitchen.

Ms. Joyce came this morning and brought sunshine as always - she is a happy, cheerful person with a constant smile on her face. I got all of my "stuff" picked up so she could do her job. Kinda hard to do floors when you can't even see them. I haven't taken any pictures or done much of anything lately. S'te has been really, really busy and it sounded like she has another really full day ahead of her today. Her house and yard are coming along. She is working hard on the house and on the kids. It's alot to have them all home, all bored, all wanting to do the same thing, all day!!

Today I need to get laundry done and packed. I feel like crap. Of course it's the same crap as usual - just a little more so. I overdid a bit (maybe alot - for me) yesterday. I just have so much I'd like to do - and so little time to do it. We did get curtains and rods for a couple of the bedrooms and S'te got the film for the kitchen windows - so I might get that stuff up while laundry is going - and I finished here :)

It has been really hot the last couple of days - even Ty has a heat rash. Not Florida hot - but hot none-the-less. Makes activity sluggish. But when I start hurting - I have to do SOMETHING so I don't just sit and dwell on it. It still aches and sometimes really hurts - but if I'm not focused on it - it seems more bearable. Speaking of which - my typing time is over. I'm correcting more than I'm typing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahma,

I had a blast too!!! Hope you have a safe trip to Oregon and we'll see ya when you get back.

Gamma