June 12, 2006

End of Week 1


DSC02835
Originally uploaded by Amah.
As our first week here winds up and comes to an end - I am thankful that we are here. The kids may not be :) but I am. The extra adult eyes - and eyes in more places at once have disconcerted the kids!! In just the few short weeks since Rod has been gone they've gotten the hang of avoid-Mom-'cause-if-she-sees-me-she'll-say-no and then I'll have to stop having so much fun. It's a little rough sometimes - I'm not atuned to 7 kids at once screaming over each other, the music, and the earphones to be heard by all. I haven't gotten the "tune out" button that Mom's these days seem to have. Maybe I had one years ago - but it went somewhere and I'm definately looking for it. When it really gets loud I try to remember how sweet they all were 5 years ago. Back when they were all sweet little tots. They are growing up sooooo fast!! I stayed in tune with their growth better when I lived here. I get to see and stay closer than many, many grandparents and I'm so very happy about that. I miss out on growing with them and have a hard time catching up with the 'tudes and tantrums. And they ALL have them!!! Even me!!! I get all the yelling I can stand - then I start. They don't like that much - but it's ok if they do it!! Example: Destini changed in Brayana's room and left her clothes in there. Brayana snottily told her to get her clothes out. Destini didn't comply so Brayana put them in the garbage!!! Destini came and tattled to Mom that Brayana threw away the clothes but didn't tell the beginning of the story. So when the whole story was told the tatteler was in as much trouble as the tattelee!!!

Otherwise, we've talked with the WC attorney and were authorized to make an appointment with the primary that I had before we moved. The only appointment they had was for the day we are leaving for Oregon. When Keith tried to make an appointment for when we got back from there - they weren't scheduling that far out!! So what do you think of that?

We've started several small projects but haven't gotten much completed in the last few days. I accidently took my evening meds in the morning on one of those mornings and spent most of the day in a daze. My eyes were open but there was nobody at home!! Sometimes I think I'm certifiable!!

TeeTee is talking a little, she says Mama, YaYa (for LaDaria), and of course, PAPA. She definately has her own opinions on things and has abolutely no qualms about letting you know 1. she's done, 2. she wants Mama 3. no touching 4. she dosen't like that I learned all of those things right away too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to read your post. Love hearing about your visit and the children. I admire S'te and her ability to cope with all seven and retain her sanity. I will pray you get the appointment situation straightened out. Isn't it just like that? Hang in there and enjoy the time you have there, don't sweat the small stuff! Love you and miss you! God bless you all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your stay here. I think they just aren't used to so many adults in the house who check up on them!! But that's ok. They don't like everything that I tell them to do either.

Taniyah does certainly have her own opinions. But she is So cute when she folds her little arms!