June 15, 2006

Brayana, Jaleel, Makkiah, Destini

Whew, what a day!! The AIM Team had a presentation at Del Mar at the San Diego County Fair so all the kids skipped school and we headed for it. We all got in free - Papa and I were chaperones (hee hee) and since it was "bracelet day" and we could ride from 11 - 7 with a $20 bracelet, we stopped at Ralphs and got coupons for $5 off the bracelets. That way after the Presentation, we could just ride, and ride, and RIDE, AND RIDE :) I know for a fact that the kids had a long, good day because they all went to sleep in the car coming home. We actually hit really good traffic and were there inside the gate at 11. The call time for the kids was 12:30 so S'te took the middle kids to ride for awhile while Ty and LaDaria went to the "big rides" for a short try out before they had to report for dress and make-up. As always it was great. I just about cry everytime I see them put their talents into such a wonderful thing. I can't even describe it. And the people watching it were suprised that the team wasn't a "Christian School Group" but a group of kids that got together and put the talents and spirit that God gave them to good use. Papa and I kept Taniyah and watched the other performers do ballet, skits, choir renditions and the like - I really like to watch talented people. Gives me hope for the future to watch people doing something besides murder, rape, and the like.

Sooooo, after the AIM presentation we parted ways with the big kids (they'd rather hang with the friends, ya know) and took all the middle and little ones to the infield where their rides were. Papa even bought S'te and I wristbands, so I felt obligated to at least ride a few! Now I remember why I'd rather watch. Every ride I got on was way too long. Not that I didn't enjoy riding with the kids - but by the time the roller coaster, the swinging boat, the tea cups, and the twisty boat rides were done - so was I. I was perfectly content to watch my Baby and her Babies ride, and ride, and ride. About 6 we left the kids area and headed over to meet the big kids. They found more to ride over there!! I took TeeTee and we just hung out in the shade until they were ready for the last ride - then Papa and I took her and TY (he wasn't feeling real well haha) to the van and waited the few minutes until they got there. It was a great family day - not hot, not cold, a nice breeze, sunshine, smiles, giggles, the lines were really short because most kids were still in school, good food (I go to eat!!). We got back to S'te's and I asked TeeTee if she was ready for bed, she very solomly nodded her head, kissed Mommy goodnight, took my hand and went to bed. Not a peep outa her since..I thinks she was tired! I think it was a good day!
Now, back to reality!! But not until morning. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of fun and I'm REALLY thankful that you guys bought the kids bracelets. If you guys hadn't bought them they wouldn't have had the oppurtunity to go on any rides. Thanks again so much!