August 15, 2006

It's Official

Yup, it's official. I'm certifiable. I can't remember anything and lose everything that's not attached. The weight ~ it's attached ~ I couldn't lose it even when I try ~~~

We dropped the Canyonville home idea. Who thought they could actually sell something for top dollar that had so many "little" shortcuts taken that it would cost thousands of dollars to undo the shortcuts and make them right. Why bother putting a bathroom vent in - if you aren't going to vent it out of the house. Why on earth would you vent it into the attic? Who would add a room on ~ with no crawl space (as required by law and LENDERS) and no moisture barrier - in the Oregon mountains!! And when it comes to electricity - I'm not able to even begin to deal with shortcuts. I'm not willing to die in my bed because 3 prong plugins were installed without any grounds!! Now, I'm not on top of all the real estate do's and don'ts but I am not stupid. And this is not my first time around the block.

Anyhow, that idea gone up in smoke along with my Sister moving, Papa started looking elsewhere. He found at tri-wide in Sutherlin. Looked really great - but we really didn't want in a Park. We aren't hard to please. We just like communication. When we call ~ we'd like a return call. He found it last Thursday. He called the listed number and got some info, asked some questions, and assumed we would here the answers on Friday. Oh NO!!! On Saturday afternoon we got a return call. Now, I am aware that when we call at noon our time, it's only 9 am back there and many people do have other things to do besides deal with work stuff - but - you could call back when you are ready to work. Couldn't you? Anyhow, Papa found the Park, called to try to get the rules etc and was told that the home has been sold. It's still listed (I just checked), the Relator still hasn't returned yesterday's call that Papa made so that he could make an offer.

So much for our ventures. I'm just..... just.

We got our add-on carport started on yesterday. The concrete guys came out with their bobcat and started scraping dirt!! Which was all well and good - except that the sprinkler guys haven't come to change out the irrigation!! So, they did what they could, waited around to see if the sprinkler guy called back, and finally left. Papa and I put several calls in to the sprinkler guy, he finally returned our call this morning. He gave some excuses, said he was really busy today, he might be able to get out here tomorrow, I said great, he said "I'm not promising anything, I might be able to get there, I'm really not in the mood". I was astounded, astonished, etc. I know that "customer service" isn't in the english language anymore, but to tell a cash paying customer, "I'm not really in the mood" just goes beyond - at least to me. So, again, I bit off my nose to spite my face and responded: "Ya know, if you aren't really in the mood for my money, then maybe I should find someone who is. But thank you for returning my call." I'm STILL amazed. To actually voice the mood thing to a customer. All I want now is for someone to come and change out the irrigation and fix the mess I had them make. Papa says - if that's the price, and we want it done, that's what we will pay. And I'm perfectly willing to pay them for it!! I always pay - no arguements - no dickering.

As for my MESS!!! When the contractor asked me where I wanted all the grass - I was "thinking" it would come out in fairly uniform pieces and it would be easy enough to pick out the best "sod" pieces and put in the areas that have "sunken" or gone to weed. But, OH NOOOOO, the grass part is on the bottom, there is all sorts of dirt mixed in (duh!) and it is now covering what was my good lawn. NOW I get to pay someone to come clean up the mess that I asked them to make. I went out last evening (with the 3 kids) and got a little turned over ~ you can see where I made my headway, but it took longer to clean the kids up than I worked. Somehow, I don't feel like progress was made!!

So, now I have no prospects open in Oregon, no yard, no sprinkler person, the travel motions didn't come thru for the kids, the plane fare went up $100 between yesterday morning and evening, I'm staying here, LIFE IS GREAT.

As requested by Mom to the Screaming Masses here is 5 things I am grateful for:
I have my health
I have my wonderful husband
I have little arms that like to cuddle before bed
I have a wonderful daughter and her family
I have hope and faith that my son will be found

and above all I HAVE MY FAITH IN GOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that when the house is right, that things will happen.

Sorry about the yard. I'm sure that when you're all done it will look great!

Sorry that the kids don't get to go to Indiana.