August 2, 2006

Back from Santa Ana

We had to go to Santa Ana Monday morning. We needed to see my Attorney and then on Tuesday the insurance company wanted to take a deposition.

Fine, so S'te, LaDaria, and I got around and went to Curves. We really had fun today!! The owner stayed with Daria thru the first round and then watched her really closely thru the second. She did an excellent job. The owner really worked S'te hard tho' - it was so funny!!! ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT - WORK THOSE BUNS!! I just did my thing. I know that I didn't "work" as hard as either of them, but I was the sweatiest when we got done!! Then shower, pack, and leave.

We borrowed Rod's Saturn and Keith had really good directions for us (as always) and we went straight to the office- arrived early, parked in the adjacent parking garage - did ask my questions and and we went back to get the car. THE KEY WOULDN'T WORK!!! I tried, Keith tried, the garage attendant tried. Called S'te to see if there was a trick, S'te called Rod and left a message, Rod called S'te back, S'te called me back. We tried, it wouldn't turn in the ignition. We managed to also lock the steering wheel. Keith called AAA (Thank you Lord) and an hour later a locksmith arrived. He asked to see the key - announced "that's not a key, it's a blade" and crawled into his van - used a magnifier, punched his computer, used his grinder, and WALAA - he emerged with a new key. And it worked !!! Just like in the movies!!! He fine tuned it a bit and then told us to take the weight off of our keyring. It makes the key hang funny in there and wears it off - then the key that isn't quite right anymore ruins the switch - then you not only still need a new key - you need a new ignition - and that costs way more than AAA and the emergency locksmith. He said we were lucky - it ignition has not been completely ruined yet so using the new key vs the old key may continue to work. He was really nice and his visit and the key was only 140 of which AAA Plus (which I laughed at Keith for paying the extra rate for) covered 3/4's of it. So now we are ready to go again. We left the Attorney's office at 2 and it's now 5:30. We had several suggestions on how to get over towards Disneyland for a place to stay. We went the exact wrong way - would up taking the scenic tour. When we got to Harbor Blvd I thought we should go right, Keith thought left, he was driving, we went left. We went down about 1/2 mile or so and he didn't recognize anything so at a light he asked the passenger in the car next to us which way to Disneyland, the answer was "the other way, turn around". So we did. Keith checked a few places, they were full and we wound up at the Quality Inn. I am sure, if they are near an attraction - the place doesn't think they need to have the same ameneties that are common in the rest of the "chain". This place didn't have wireless or high speed, no exercise room, we had to go to the desk and get a remote for the tv. It just wasn't what I expected from a Quality Inn.

We walked next door to a Chucky Cheese type pizza place for dinner and then back to our room. It was about 7:30 or so. Nothing else to do so I read until I couldn't hold the book up anymore - took my meds and went to bed. The alarm went off at midnight (we didn't set it)- right straight up - totally confused - and a pounding headache!! Then I couldn't go back to sleep. So I watched tv and cat napped thru the rest of the night. At 7 Keith went over to get coffee (none in the room) and donuts. He's NOT helping. Here I am sweating my butt off 5 days a week at Curves and he's feeding me Pizza and donuts. I'll never make it!!

My headache was still nagging so I took it very easy until time to check out. I catnaped and watched tv. Finally roused and took a shower. We checked out, had lunch, and went to the deposition. I didn't have many of my answers and on the way home realized that some of the answers I gave were just plain wrong. I had months mixed up. I'll need to address those errors that I made when I get the draft. It took 2 hours!!! I was thinking about an hour. I don't even know what the relevance was for some of the questions - but if I could - I answered.

We headed back to S'te's and made it about 7 (really not bad for Santa Ana to Spring Valley). The kids all welcomed us back, showed their new treasures and had dinner. Then we settled down and S'te talked about her work at the Church. She is in the process of trying to clean things out and organize the small one's rooms. She had made a lot of progress on scheduling, cleaning, stuffing, tossing, and security for the little ones that are in her Church's care.

I can't send e-mail from her new cable network but I can receive it. So even if I don't answer - don't stop writing!!!!

It's time - we are off to Curves!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the trip wasn't as fruitful as you had hoped it would be but at least you got to see us!!