August 12, 2006

Tis the Weekend

We are preparing as tho' the kids and I will be able to accompany Papa to Indiana. He has gone to get the RV - it needed new coach batteries, an oil change, and most important - the radio speakers wired correctly. We will know for sure on Monday. Have shot appointments for Baby B, and Baby Boo on Tuesday and Wednesday. And hope to be able to head out after lunch on that day. Had our quarterly visit from licensing and our monthly DCM visit - so all is a go there. Got those done and ready to roll!!

Re-arranged the furniture in the front and dining rooms. I hope I made a little more "space". I sure wish I hadn't drug all of this furniture from the West Coast. It just does not fit right. I know now what I should've realized then HEHE. I want to just can the dining room table. We don't use it for anything but a "stacker" and about weekly - I clean it all off and put things where they should've gone to start. We haven't used it since Bev and Dave came over last winter and we played Dominoes on it. We haven't used it for food since April and Ric were here 2 years ago!!

Papa is back - the RV isn't ready yet. Maybe Monday.

The "sound people" for I95 were here yesterday. The sound readings were enough to "qualify us (the Village) for consideration for the construction of a sound barrier". That is a quote!! Not my words at all.
I've been contacting, petitioning, writing, e-mailing for 2.5 years - and I got us a "reading" that panned out. I was worried because right between 4 an 5 on Friday isn't our peak time. The "rush hour" hasn't arrived yet and the trucks are trying to get closer to home so they aren't "jake braking" for the SR 60 exit. But they got 2 readings over the allowable level. So hopefully . . . . .

Papa is on a roll!! He is making Sissy (2.5) mind him. He isn't the best at follow-thru so he can say something and they just go on their own little way. But she is having issues this moring and refusing to even be a little bit cooperative. Baby B (for Bastion) is sleeping, Baby Boo (for the way she cries "brooobroooo") is in her high chair with crackers. And Bubby (3 yrs 10 mos) is annoying Papa while he is looking over his mail and watching Sissy.

I'm content. And my headache has gone away. Hope all is well with all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the kids can go with you. I'm sure that it would be fun!!!

Hope all goes well with the shots!! Fun, fun!!

We have doctors appt on Monday and Makkiah's preop on Wed!