August 14, 2006

To my Son

As last I saw you


More pain cannot be wrung from those who wait
In fear and hope of both the worst and best.
Some day, perhaps, their hearts might find some rest,
Sure in grief or joy of their clear fate.
In the meantime, time is agony;
No second passes but impatiently,
Given the cruel passions of their state.
Nicholas Gordon
In many ways, it's as if I last saw you
Recently the image is so clear--
Even your eyes, hidden behind sunglasses on the pier;
Nor does it take much to restore you
Exactly, as if once again you were here.
Nicholas Gordon


This does not even begin to describe what the last 20 years has been like. I know that many have done much more and been more zealous than I, and for that I am so sorry. Overwhelmed and and filled with disbelief that this horrible thing could possibly truly be happening - in reality - I have no excuse. I didn't know what to do and depended on all the wrong people for their expert answers. I was so, so wrong. I don't know what else I could've done - there had to have been something more.

I know only that on this 20th Anniversary, I am still unable to describe the wonder and love that you brought to my life.

I regret only the times that I didn't stop and listen and laugh with you, when I thought I was busy and didn't spend the time I should've with you. Not until you were gone did I realize how little so many other things mattered and how much so many little things did. You are my first-born and my baby son. I look into my head and see your laughing eyes and smiling face. I see the intent look you have when concentrating or something is puzzling you. Nothing anyone has done can ever take away my wonderful memories.
God Willing, the unknown will someday be known, this I do pray for daily. I love you Son. Always have and Always will. Someday we will be together again.
Above picture taken March, 1986,Jeremy 13, S'te 8
Picture at side is computer Aged to 23 by Missing and Exploited Children
For those who read this, make sure you tell your children you love them EVERY time they leave. If you haven't contacted loved ones in a while - do it NOW. Let others' hearts and minds rest - you may find a peace of your own. Please ~ in Memory of Jeremy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday we will know what happened! We will know and we will put him to rest. I don't know when but I will continue until it happens. I love him and miss him also!!

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you, living with so many unanswered questions. I pray that you will someday find peace, dancing in the clouds with your baby boy...laughing in the shadows of the angels.

Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you and your family today

Anonymous said...

i cannot even imagine what you are going through. i will keep you and your family in my thoughts

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. (((HUGS)))