July 2, 2006

Oregon Day 3

Today is another travel day. Alaska Airlines managed to lose a whole day for me. Instead of getting to CB Thursday afternoon, we got there on Friday afternoon. Lost a whole day of being able to see friends and catch up with people!!! There is my venting - now on with the day!!

We had breakfast with Clint and Sallie just before meeting with the Sheriff's Department. CZ (I'm not sure of his title so I won't use one) met with Keith and I and updated us on some of the things that have been done. It has been several years since I have actually been able to meet face to face with one of the Detectives and I was glad that I did. On the phone I tend to get emotional and don't manage to ask any of my questions. So. . . we still don't know what happened to Jeremy but I do know that lots and lots of people have searched, investigated, visited people in several states for all kinds of reasons, listed him on the NCIC and CFM&EC, used sophisticated equipment, dug holes, run dogs, drained wet places . . . all in the quest for finding my baby. I also turned over the tape from the psychic and gave him her request for maps. It was a sad meeting. Non-productive in fact but it sure made me feel better. I know that they haven't forgotten him - or religated him (his files) to the "cold case" room. I would never be able to put my thanks and appreciation to these people into words.

Then we packed up and headed for Powers. As we drove thru Coquille and Myrtle Point a kind of homesickness hit me. I'm supposing that it is a combination of the "empty nest", the meeting I'd just had, the family support that was available back in the years I spent there. As the years went by - mostly after Mom passed away - we've seperated and all gone our own ways. I keep in touch with very few people other than the ones that I communicate with thru this blog!! But the trip. . . the scenery was all absolutely beautiful. The trees are tall and green, water in the river, fields waving with hay. It was an absolutely beautiful drive. Keith isn't any more impressed with the Powers Road this year than he was last year!! We arrived at my Aunt & Uncles home to find that Uncle Jim was home alone. So we went searching - in Powers! And it's White Cedar Days. "In the olden days" there were contests for log rolling, axe throwing, pole climbing. . all sorts of good things!! With anticipation we walked down the street to find the festivities. Here was a "different" decorating idea!! Keith insisted on a picture. It's one of those - only in Powers things!!

Then on to the Party!! Found Dad at the tavern eating, so we ate also, then we went to the field behind the Timberline and this is what was happening!!
and the next post should have video.
and I hope to be able to upload the pictures on the wall of totally historic logging!!

We watched the activities and then went back to the house for dinner and a long visit!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the greenery of Oregon. I also miss the feeling of family, you know, having all the family close by, being able to visit aunts and uncles, cousins, and such. I miss having that for my kids growing up. Tis the Navy way of life though.