July 30, 2006

Lots of Rain?

It's really funny what we get used to. . . . This morning while we were getting ready for Church I heard the News Announcer (not a clue which one) talking about the large quantity of rainfall for the month of July. Here in San Diego County July is probably one of the dryest months but even so, The total rainfall for the MONTH was 48 one hundreths of an INCH. And that constitutes a wet month for July. It actually has been hot and muggy. Just reminds me of Florida - but not quite. The "feels like" numbers are still not as high. Oregon and Florida are not quite known for such "high numbers" on the rainfall index. hehehe Here is quite a comentary for the anomaly - Wet July in San Diego

Church was great. They had a guest speaker today - Scott Turner - he is a retired San Diego Charger. You could've knocked me over with a feather!! Of course, preconceived notions will bite you in the *** every time! He is a wonderful speaker but he "sure don't look like no football player"!! I bought 2 of Pastor Vines DVD's - one to send to Mom Beatty for a belated birthday gift and one for me. I think I may "let" Pastor Bert watch it so he can see where we go while we are out here.

News on the Oregon place is moving extremely slow. At least that's the way I see it. Everything is hurry up and wait. We've got all of our paperwork in order - but the sellers don't seem extremely motivated. Of course, they may just be really busy or even not know the answers to my inquiries.

I've spent quite some time in conversation with the Lord - I want for Him to use me and what few abilities I have left in His way. I've never been good at taking hints - I'm the sort that you have to hit with a bat - so I'm wondering just where he needs me. Is it in Florida - with those babies - or is it in Oregon where there is just as desperate a need but we have more family connections to help the children feel part of an entire family - or is that not even in the cards for us. Of course the rest of my conversations deal with helping me overcome my most extreme personality defects. My lack of patience is sometimes worse than others and I have a really horrible habit of interupting people in the middle of thier sentences. I don't mean to - and I try hard not to - but it seems like I'm always doing it.

Momma Kitty has stayed with her 4 - and is being a pretty good mommy so far. I don't know if all of the kids are aware of the event - the babies are still rather quiet - but S'te didn't want them mauled - so she didn't let the news out for publication hehehe

I made 2 big pans on enchiladas for dinner - they all seemed to have liked them. I made one chicken and one beef - so they would have choices. I do really try to be a good grandma. Even if I don't seem to have a large tolerance for constant roar level noise. I keep working on it - really I do. I love being here close to the kids and don't understand how anyone can be an "absentee grandparent'. I don't know what would happen if I could only see them once a year or two. It seems like they grow and change even withing the few months between visits!! They all are so smart - and talented in so many different ways! I do love them and I do enjoy them and I am glad that I get to see so much of them , but, I'm not real sure they feel the same way about me.

S'te has talked to someone from the Coquille Sentinel Newspaper - she contacted him to see about a story for Jeremy - something to at least acknowledge that it's been 20 years since he's been seen - and the person she talked to said that I used to work with his wife. I've not had the chance yet to contact him - but I certainly plan to - I wonder who it could be ? ? I think that it would be a great thing to get something back up in print - who knows when the right person will read something and a detail that the Sheriff's Department is looking for will be found. I don't ask God to keep him safe anymore - I ask him to keep him close so I can see him when I get there. It is getting closer to the bad day. I get thru it every year - I hope every year that it will be the last time I have to not know.

Well, it's past bedtime and as usual I'm maudlin and sad - it shows more when I get tired. That is one of the reason's I've taken to updating in the mornings.

Enough for now. . .

No comments: