July 8, 2006

Duncan Family Picnic


2006 SB Pics 072
Originally uploaded by Amah.

Click on Picture for slideshow

Today is Saturday. We have fussed around all week and done very little. I've not been up to par - so have had to take it easy BUT today we made the trip to Beaverton for the Picnic. On the way up I5 I looked at RV and Manufactured home Lots. I saw Lodges and I saw a 2 story. I saw RV's that changed colors as you drove by. Awesome!! Hopefully we will get a chance to stop on the way back!!

I haven't seen this side of my family since Mom died - over 15 years ago. It's not that I didn't want to see them - but with Mom gone and Myrtle Point being where Jeremy disappeared from - I had little incentive to visit. Even tho' I lived right in Coos Bay for years. But - by the same token - no one visited me either. Many of the slideshow pictures have names on them but not all of them do. I've been promised help with that part. I couldn't learn all of those names and faces that quickly! I even found a cousin that lives in Murrietta!! That's not to far (as the crow flies) from S'te. I hope they can make plans to at least meet each other.

Anyhow, I got reacquainted with all the cousins, their kids, and pets. It was really great fun. It was nice to see that Aunt Peggy is still doing so well. I'd tried to visit her on my annual visits to the cemetery but she was never home. If she stayed home 364 days a year - I'd get there on that 1 day she wasn't there.

Here is a picture of the mostly in their own groups inside the group. We still have some of the family missing. Robin - who is closest to my age ~ couldn't make it. She had plans with her husband or Kelly~ closest to Sharen's age - he and his family had just made a recent trip down from Alaska and couldn't come back. Of course, its the height of the work season up there too.

So on this one trip of 10 days we've seen more friends and family than I managed to scrounge up in the last 7.5 years of annual visits! It's great to see everyone again.

We stayed at the Shiloh Inn nearby and it was comfortable too. I think we were the first to leave but that didn't mean I wasn't having fun!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I missed it as well. But didn't even know about it until after the fact. Hmmm, maybe that's a way of keeping me from doing things. If you don't know then you can't go! Not that I could have gone anyway, but still would have been nice to see everyone if I could have made it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two are having a ball on your travels. We just came home from Mississippi after 10 days away. It was great but we are glad to be home. So much to tell you when you get back. Have a safe journey and see you ---next Sunday????? I think that's right, but not sure. Love you and miss you, Sallie