July 4, 2006

On to Canyonville


Uncle Jim,Dad,Aunt Nita, Me
Originally uploaded by Amah.

We got up and around early this morning. It's another travel day. Only a couple of hours to Canyonville but Keith really hates the Powers Road so I will drive the first lap.

We did manage to get a family pic before we headed out. Almost didn't, as you can see Dad has his hat on and is ready to go! One of his friends stopped by with an ANTIQUE CAR that Dad saw during weekend. We did get a picture of that!! I spent pretty much of the last couple of days explaining Blogs, digital cameras, and how they work with wi-fi and my screen saver slide show. But it was all great fun and I got to show off my pictures.

We headed on over the hill about 11 and arrived about 1. Sharen had called and said they were going to have lunch around noon (and I knew we wouldn't make that!!) so we stopped in at the Canyonville Cafe and had a bite before heading up the hill. I think we woke Mitch up when we came in - Sharen was gone with Caleb and his girlfriend.

They soon appeared - and we had a really good visit. I met Kelly, Caleb's fiance and we talked about the wedding, the new home they just bought, work, play and all the things family has to catch up on when they've been apart awhile. Sharen had a spaghetti dinner planned. We played a game of "how stupid can the answer get" to the tune of lots of laughs and turned in so we could be ready for the big day tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and Aunt Nita sure are looking good! Haven't seen either of them in so long!