July 11, 2006

Time to Go

For my last day at Knuckles Knoll, Sharen & I walked into town and had lunch, did a stroll thru several of the shops, and looked at the For Sale window in the Reality place. On the way to the store, we actually rode out and looked at one place before we headed back to the Knoll. When we got home from the store - I told Keith I found a house - he didn't even flinch. I said I liked the windows and Sharen liked the curtains - so it must be perfect. He actually rode out there with me and looked it over.!! And I fixed dinner. I thought it was about time that I pitched in and did something!! I've had a great time for my whole trip - and it would have been even greater if I'd felt better. It seemed that every day was marred with at least the constant naggy pain - and several of the days were cut drastically short because of this stupid whatever.

This morning we got up, I did laundry, packed,Keith loaded the car, all while we had coffee and breakfast with Sharen - out on the deck, looking out at the mountains. Such a pretty view. So now we have to say goodbye again. They'll never get to Florida!! But we'll be back!

We had yet another screwed up flight!! It hasn't been a good trip as far as Alaska Air goes. The screw up going North was way worse - today was more of an irritation than anything else. Keith realized this morning that we were routed from Eugene to Seattle to San Diego. This makes no sense but - OK. We did the first leg. We were about 10 minutes late leaving Eugene. The Flight Attendant announced the connection gates just before we landed. We had about 20 minutes before boarding our next flight so we wandered to the next terminal (from C2 to D5), used restrooms, and I searched for my boarding pass. I don't know what I did with it. I can't find it and I never got out of my seat!! We got to D5 (there wasn't an attendant there yet) and I remembered!!! I couldn't reach anything when I got seated so I folded it and put it in the only pocket-type thing I had (my bra). Well, I jumped up out of the seat and went back to the restroom to see if I'd dropped it there and to search better than I could sitting at the gate. By now I'm getting frantic, we should have been boarding and needing a boarding pass to get on the plane - I stopped at the "Service Center", I got a new boarding pass - but found out that the plane wasn't at D5 because we should've been at C11. He said they announced the change a "couple of hours ago". Well I'm sorry, we didn't get there until 10 minutes ago. He said the flight was boarding so we'd better hurry - it was a pretty good hike from where we were to where we needed to be. And I had to go back to where we were to get Keith before we went to where we needed to be! He was pissed!! He announced into the air for the other 30 or so people sitting at D5 = the flight to San Diego was leaving from C11. Some of them ran!! I stopped back at the "Service Center" and told the guy that he needed to make another announcement for the ones that didn't hear.

So, we made it to the plane. Took off and I opened the July issue of their flight magazine. The flight path from Seattle to San Diego is all over the water. I knew that some of it was but I didn't realize it all was supposed to be. To my suprised I looked out the window and saw lakes, mountains, snow topped ridges, canyons, desert, pretty much everything but ocean. Just before landing, we turned due west, then south, then east, turned and west again for landing. Makes perfect sense to me - how about you?

We landed right on time - it took Keith an hour to get the rental car - they ran out and so they had to give us a Jeep 4-Wheel. It's fun to ride in!! So we got back to S'te's about 10 - moved the bikes out of the driveway, unloaded, visited a bit, and it's bedtime - been a long long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys just don't have very good luck with flights.

Glad that you had fun with all the family and good luck with the house.