July 5, 2006

Family on the 4th

Here is a once in a lifetime!! It is Keith & I, Mike & Dad, Mitch & Sharen, Caleb & Kelly - ALL IN ONE SHOT!! We had a great day, Mitch and Sharen invited several friends to join our own little family reunion. It's really to bad that Brett and S'te (and family) couldn't be there!! That would've been a perfect Reunion for our little side of the family!!!

One of the many people that came was the couple that loaned their RV for our "visitors quarters" came and we met them.
Sharen had a Treasure Hunt which Caleb and Kelly won. Mitch grilled burgers, sausages, and hot dogs. Sharen made a bunch of salads and sides, and their friends all brought the BEST STUFF!! There was locally caught fish, cheese cake with both blackberry or raspberry toppings, apple pie, chocolate cake. The list could go on and on. I ate shamelessly. It was all sooooo good.

Then, even before the huge meal even got settled Sharen was organizing the horseshoe tourniment out back at the horseshoe pit. It sure sounded like everyone was having fun. I think Sharen did quite well. I think she had more fun than anyone there!! She was full of fun and smiles.

Unfortunately, I overdid or something because I had to quit the party to rest about 4 and never got back to it. I rejoined family in time to watch fireworks from the deck and then we called it a night. Wednesday was a work day for Mitch. It's horrible to have to work the day after a party like that!!

Thank you again for the great party!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't feel so bad since I wasn't the only person who missed it. Although I really didn't miss it since I technically wasn't invited! Guess that's one way of getting out of it!!!! Sure would have been good to see everyone though.