July 17, 2006

San Diego

We've been here almost a week. Tomorrow we head back to Florida. We've been busy (for me) picking up after kids. We put some of the black film up on her big skylight windows to cut the afternoon heat from the sun. It worked really well and the kitchen isn't at all darkened but the harshness from the glare is gone. Looks good.

Her new roof is on, the vinyl laid in the kitchen, and yesterday I "made a deal with the kids". I bribed them. I paid them to do ALL of their chores without whining, crying, or lying about them being done. For every lie, whine, cry, fit, scarcasn etc - it cost them 50 cents an incident. It took them ALL day to complete them - but they did get them done!!! Jaleel and Destini were the only 2 to get penalized. Jaleel learned after the first one but it took Destini 4 tries to decide to straighten up. And they all did a really good job. Before they collected their "pay" I checked every chore and marked them off the list. It really wore them out too. Not a one complained about bedtime. They went right to sleep too!! I am still doing laundry but it was so hot here yesterday - they asked that people not use the dryers until evening - so I waited to start that.

Not sure what today will bring but I hear the kids up. More later!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took ALL day but it looks so much better and it's easier for them to do their chores now!