July 9, 2006

House Shopping

We are sad - it's time to say goodbye - but for sure it won't be another decade or so before I see them again. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in history and events that I forget the people that loved and stood by me to help during the really hard times. Of course, I'm talking about the whole Coos County visit when I lost Jeremy. I'm hoping that since it is such a big Anniversary year ~ he's been lost for 20 years next month~ that maybe the newspaper or TV will do a couple of shots - if only just to remind anyone that might know anything - that his whole family is still waiting, hoping, wondering, and grieving. We will see. Sallie - my friend in Coos Bay - is working on it for me. With some help from a friend of hers, she gathered up all the maps that were asked for by the psychic and got them mailed. Thank you so much Sallie!!

Then Mitch and Sharen went over to Caleb & Kelly's. This is their new home!! Isn't it a cute little house? Makes me nostalgic for the first little house we bought - just before S'te was born. It was just about that size ~ but without the garage. And absolutely no back or side yard. A little front yard and right side was all we had to worry about keeping up!! Of course, what do you want for $9,000!! Sharen invited us to follow them over to see it. She said they would only be there a "minute or two"!! I really do know how long her minutes are!! And since I wanted to check out those homes, we declined. Caleb & Kelly will be tying the knot next month. Congrats~

So anyhow, we left them at Candy's and headed back down I5. We checked out those manufactured home models that I'd seen on the way up. They are so different from the old "trailer houses"!! Of couse if you can actually buy one of these and set them up - trailer trash wouldn't be appropriate HAHA I was a huge 2 story home. I had to go inside jsut
Click for slide show
so I could see what the floor plan would be. It's NICE!! This "Lodge" style was just gorgeous. I absolutely loved it - both inside and out!! And what's not to love at a price tag of $220,000. And that's before you even buy your lot or do that prep, your concrete, lawn, etc. But they sure are pretty! So just for kicks, when we got back to Canyonville we went up to the new lots they are putting in across from Mitch & Sharen's home. $99,000.
Not remember that's just the lot. The math is kicking in. Big time!!

Enough of that!! We went by the store for goodie to tide us over while we waited for them to return from their visit. Then we had dinner, discussed all the important events and happenings of the day, and retired for the evening!!

Another great day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those houses are really nice. Not the mobile homes that I remember! If you could just find some cheap land!

Mitch said...

I finally found the "new" site! Traced you down through S'tes blog links... I knew it was sea something! I never realized you liked the view from the deck so much... :-) but then we are out there so much we take it for granted.

Love ya, Sis