July 23, 2006

Household Paper

BULLETIN: Papa's fingers are fine. A little dented - but not bad. He'll live.

Not much going on today. The weather isn't all that nice - thunderstorms and black skies all day. Right after Church, we went to the little house and Papa changed out sprinkler heads - of course - my white skirt got all sorts of goop and rusty crapola on it. Just from being the gofer. Hope it washes out. And I got soaked. That's 2 days in a row. I tried to work on our sprinklers here yesterday. No can do. I can't twist the old ones out to change them and Papa can't see the threads. We called the sprinkler people (who installed the system) about 6 weeks ago and again when we got back. No..... body..... came. The lawn people have cut 2 off and the others have increased thier watering "range" drastically since they put the new meters in. Don't know what difference it should make - but I want them dialed back in. No sense in watering the driveway, road, and the neighbor across the street's yard. Maybe Papa and I will try again tomorrow. Don't........know.

Got some cleaning done - put more papers away - where do they all come from? Bills, confirmations, notices, bulletins, newspapers, magazines, Board Junk (Keith's), mail, envelopes, notes, receipts, licenses, just junk. I never seem to get it all cleaned up. It seems that every time I get a table cleaned up - I go in a circle or thru the kitchen, come back around and it's full again!! And there is only 2 of us at home. I do better when I have a couple of little ones around to make me pick everything up when Papa or I am done with it. Sure makes for less clutter!! And all of it is up high - hehe.

Got Papa "Sweatin' to the Oldies" for the second day in a row. Of course, we only manage about 15 minutes of it and his ankle hurts and my arm is on fire. But we are trying. And boy do we look funny!!!! Neither of us had much coordination ~~~

Tomorrow I've got big plans!!! It's off to Curves again. Let's see what I can do now. I've been on my diet for 4 days, to Curves once, and Oldies twice. No change in the scale - but I'm making a stab at it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Putting forth the effort is half the battle!!

I know what you mean about stacks of paper. Mine are all gone, for now!

Mitch said...

Tell Keith we are glad his fingers are ok! Why'd you do that to him?

Love, Sis